February 5, 2010

golden hour

Dear 2:00am,

You are a lovely hour for such things as late night cocktails or walking through the streets of Manhattan. Or planning world domination over a bottle of wine. Or even the 3rd game of Scrabble in a single night with friends. But, as an hour to rise & shine? No thank you. I even enjoyed you more in college making the one mile walk back to my apartment after the library closed.

If I promise to see you on the other side of slumber more often will you let me sleep past you on the nights I go to bed early? I'm willing to make that compromise: more late night fun in exchange for sleeping 'til my alarm goes off every once in a while.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
m*

(And yes, folks, I often closed down the library in college. Bars? Not so much. Library? All the time.)

{image via Oh the Modernity!}