July 30, 2010

birthday girl

Today I turned 31. Thirty one.

Nick and I spent the day driving through the gorgeous California mountains and farmland to San Francisco. The drive was filled with chatter about our lives, This American Life podcasts and hours of top-tapping as we listened to excellent music while taking in the amazing landscape. Gorgeous scenery + excellent company + an evening of delicious food in SF = one happy Birthday Girl. Thank you, Nick, for yet another lovely birthday. { SF pictures to follow, I'm sure. }


{ image of my 29th birthday at Cinespia }

PS: I can't tell you the number of times I've heard folks complain about the drive from LA to the bay area along the 5 freeway for its lack of beauty. I just don't understand. Truth be told, it's full of wilderness and life... I enjoyed every moment.