September 28, 2010

today i'm feeling...


... a bit of California Love. Considering all we've done this summer driving all over this fair state, I think it's safe to declare, We Love Living Here. I know, I know... LA = fake people. Blah, blah, blah. Well, you know what? This girl's from LA and she's not too fake (rather down to earth, actually). And I know many folks I grew up with who are the same. Here's what it comes down to for me:

mountains for hiking & camping
+
beaches to dig your toes into
+
amazing, delicious cuisine
+
tons of art & culture @ your fingertips
+
fabulous weather (even on as we hit record highs)
+
wine country, expansive farm lands, fabulous shopping, I could go on & on...
Sure, there's traffic and high home prices and high unemployment at the moment, but hey, if you can deal with it, there's greatness to be found here. Lots. You just have to take a second to find it...

{ image via }