October 5, 2010

courage to fall


Today I made a large commitment on the job front. One that will keep me "safe" for a long while I hope.  It's had me nervous all morning. I know I'm making the right move, but it's scary nonetheless.

Then, this afternoon as fate would have it, I stumbled across a chat excerpt that I saved from exactly a year & a half ago...
me: i can't tell if you're supposed to "follow your dreams" or be safe in consideration of the damn world falling apart. friend: both? me: ugh. me: and how? friend: by focusing on the safety friend: and only pursuing dreams in spare time me: but can you truly obtain your dreams when you don't let go of safety? friend: no friend: but you can inch closer so that when it is safe to let go, you are closer to the ground when you fall.
One day, when the time is right, I hope I still have the courage to fall.

{ image via }