September 9, 2010

you are special


Today I fell upon this plate online. My heart fluttered. You see, when I was growing up we had this plate:


My mom pulled it out of the cupboard on every special occasion she could think of, always with the intent of giving us an extra bit of attention in our otherwise hurried lives. I remember that even when times were hard, money was tight, and there was not much "extra" to spend on treats, this plate was always there to punctuate a moment. Even when I hit those dreaded teenage years and was too cool for nearly everything in sight, I always (secretly) looked forward to using the You Are Special Today plate. And now, as I look to starting a family of my own, I think this Paloma's Nest version will be just the perfect addition to our little cupboard...

{ images via & via }