June 24, 2011

Yogi Mama


Last night I tiptoed out of work a teensy bit early {shhhh... don't tell} and rushed off to my first prenatal yoga class at my favorite yoga studio. And. It. Was. Divine. Not that I necessarily thought as much during the class, but afterwards... like now, I feel won...der...ful... All this growing had my body pulling / sitting / standing / sleeping in all sorts of odd positions and I think it just finally caught up with me. And my favorite part about the actual class was the instructors constant reminders about checking in with the baby, connecting with her, feeling her. I try to do that in my day-to-day on my own, carving out time for just the two of us, but when I'm isolated (as with this class) it's just so much more powerful. Needless to say, I'll be back (but next time in a comfier pair of yoga pants {wink}).

{ image via }